Policies + Facility Rules
Anyone under the age of 18 may not use the Co-op or purchase an Access Pass without prior approval from the DCFC Board of Directors.
- Minor requests are reviewed on a monthly basis.
- The DCFC reserves the right to deny or revoke access to anyone under the age of 18.
- Anyone under the age of 18 must have a waiver signed only by their parent or legal guardian. This can be signed by the parent or legal guardian ahead of time.
- Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian and supervised while using the Co-op unless prior approval has been given by the DCFC.
- No parent or legal guardian may supervise more than two minors at any given time.
What is your refund policy?
- Access Passes, Memberships, and Key Fobs are not refundable.
What is your pet policy?
- We love furry friends but they are not allowed in the gym space for both their safety and our members’. Yes, we know they’re a good baby. No, we can’t make an exception.
What is your guest policy?
- Please refer to the Guest page and protocol.
Please Abide By:
- Leave all street shoes near the entrance. Street shoes are not allowed on the mats or past the rugs.
- No pets in the facility
- Please do not go behind the wall unless conducting maintenance activities.
- Cubbies are for your personal items (including shoes). Please remove all personal items if exiting the facility. Cubbies are not to be climbed on or used for human weight bearing activities. DCFC is not liable for lost or stolen items within or outside the facility.
- DO NOT grab any sprinkler, plumbing, or electrical equipment. Those items are not load bearing, and if weighted, can result in significant personal injury and facility damage.
- Do not use or disconnect any electrical systems or breakers.
- Do not tamper with, unlock, modify, or adjust doors or any locking mechanisms.
- As a community we will be facilitating the cleanliness of the space and prevention is key. Please clean up after yourself, as all facility cleaning is on a volunteer basis.
- BACK DOOR WARNING! Restrooms and emergency exit are through the back door – it will lock behind you! YOU WILL BE LOCKED OUT if you don’t prop open the door when using the restroom.
- Do not unlock the back door. The bar next door has access to the rear bathrooms. Unlocking the back door can result in unauthorized access and potential facility damage
- Please ensure the front door is securely locked when leaving the climbing space. If the door does not lock, please contact one of the board members so that the space can be secured.
- Please do not prop open the front door. The street receives a lot of foot traffic. Propping open the door can result in unauthorized facility access, personal safety issues, and potential facility damage.
- No Food or Liquids on the climbing pads.
- Unpaid guests and nonmembers are not allowed inside the facility unless accompanied by a board member. Guest passes are not available at this time. Allowing access to unpaid guests or nonmembers will be considered a breach of your membership contract. Penalties for violation of this rule can include suspension of access for a period of time or revocation of access with no refund of access pass fees.
- Notice of security system – DCFC currently has cameras installed to cover the full gym space, and the landlord has cameras covering the shared space in back. They will be recording during your climbing visits as a security measure. Absolutely no tampering with security cameras.
- Please be Chalk Conscious, as dust can negatively affect facility cleanliness and indoor air quality. If chalk eaters are present, it is encouraged to chalk up in front of them. DCFC encourages minimization of any activities that introduce chalk to the air. Using a base of liquid chalk is highly encouraged.
- Concessions: DCFC may have a small chalk and snack supply available for purchase – payment will be on the honor system. Missing product may be investigated per our security system. Chalk and snacks are offered close to or at cost as a benefit to our members, which means there will be little to no “sales margin” to fall back on for loss.
- Members may be held financially or otherwise liable for damages that result from violation of any of these rules. Additional penalties may include suspension or revocation of access passes without refund of fees as determined to be appropriate by the board.
- Climbing is an inherently dangerous activity. Do not walk under climbers. It is expected that pass holders know how to safely fall. DCFC is not responsible or liable for injuries or damages that result from use of the facility. The facility is not manned with employees. Members are entirely responsible for their own safety.